We have invested more than $130 million in Napa County’s nonprofit organizations.
The mission of our annual community fundraiser, Auction Napa Valley, is to use the worldwide reputation of Napa Valley wines to enhance the well-being of the Napa County community.
Auction Napa Valley’s success allowed us to fund a reserve account to ensure that our nonprofit partners would be able to continue helping their clients in the event of a natural disaster or the inability to hold the auction. In the aftermath of the 2014 South Napa Earthquake, this emergency savings account allowed the NVV to fill a great community need by providing the lead gift of $10 million to the Napa Valley Community Disaster Relief Fund managed by Napa Valley Community Foundation.
Thanks to the generosity of our members in creating outstanding lots, the bidders who come from all over the world to experience Auction Napa Valley, the contributions of our strategic partners in helping underwrite our costs and our dedicated volunteers, we have invested more than $130 million in local nonprofit organizations since 1981.
Our goal is to invest deeply, rather than broadly, in the areas of community health and children’s education to create a positive impact on our community. Our nonprofit partners serve residents in Napa County from American Canyon to Calistoga with programs as varied as Adult Day Services for those suffering from Alzheimer's disease, to programs using the latest technology to prepare English language learners for kindergarten.
Breaking new ground
In addition to supporting those in our community who are most in need, we have helped implement some cutting edge innovations. For example:
- Napa Valley Early Learning Initiative (up to $5 million over the next 3-5 years) strives to have every Napa County child enter kindergarten ready to learn;
- Napa Valley Vine Trail will use our matching grant (up to $2.5 million over five years) to leverage other funds to build the trail between south Napa and Yountville, providing a safe place to reap the health benefits of walking and biking, and safe routes to schools along the trail;
- Napa Valley Vintners Health Care Center which houses Clinic Ole, Sister Ann Dental Clinic, Healthy Moms & Babies and Napa Emergency Women’s Services creates a one-stop location for complementary services
- Children’s Health Initiative ensures that every child in Napa County has health insurance; and
- NapaLearns brings 21st Century learning into our schools.
Recent Auction Napa Valley Grantees
Learn more about local nonprofit organizations and initiatives receiving Auction Napa Valley funding.